It's just the way I like it!
K kindly making me breakfast and I know he thinks I am fussy about my bread and peanut butter consumption. Actually it is only because he doesn't listen accurately. There are three things I might ask for:
- bread and peanut butter. trans. just that - no sandwich, no jam, no butter. Just bread and peanut butter.
- peanut butter and jam sandwich. trans. piece of bread with peanut butter, piece of bread with jam, smoosh together... sandwich! If you really want to win favour, cut it diagonally, but really, that's optional.
- peanut butter toast. trans. toast, first buttered, then peanut buttered.
Now I understand that I am lucky that he is making me breakfast. But please understand that we have been married for 15 years, and I have been completely consistent in those three things. So please don't call me fussy.
This made me think about all of the ways in which I am not fussy, it's just the way I like it!
- The whole bread and peanut butter story.
- I like pizza to be pizza and Mexican food to be Mexican. Please don't give me a Mexi-pizza.
- Chocolate covered stuff (uk - biscuits/N.A. - cookies) with my coffee. Yes please. And yes, I will dunk it so the chocolate melts. But please don't leave it next to the mug so that it is all melted already.
I'm leaving it there, because, hey, we're not fussy right? (and I think if we go with more than 3, we may be entering fussy territory!).