How can something like The 100 Day Project help you be better? Whatever it is you do, whatever it is you want to be, a commitment like this can improve your work habits and the skills of your craft, as well as connecting with other creatives on the same journey and with your own creative practice.
This is what I'm learning:
- I like to dabble in a bit of this and that, but they fall into natural mini-projects if I just follow my whims
- aiming for perfection is counter-productive
- if you fall behind, pick yourself up where you are and carry on
- don't wait until you have time to catch up, you never will
- if you carry on and do a bit extra you might just catch up
- catching up isn't the point; doing your thing most days is the point
- accountability is the key to success
- accountability can be kind of annoying!
- it's easy to show practice pieces if everyone knows they're only practice
- it's easy to show finished pieces
- its really hard to show works in progress
- sometimes I like to keep projects under wraps until a later stage