Back at the end of October, when I was in Canada, he told me that he had had a dream in which he was buying my present, so then he woke up and ordered it. I was blown away, on the one hand, on the other hand I was worried, dreams can be pretty surreal. It might be frogs or something.
Over the past couple of months, there have been little hints:
"This weekend you said something that was so funny, considering what your present is."
"Your present will show you exactly what I think of you and what you should be doing with your time."
"It will be hard to explain to some people what it is and why I would give it to you. But some people will get it."
"I love how you are always learning about stuff. That's why I got you what I did, it will expand your world!"
"You know what you need to know to start, but with time you will be able to take it even farther."
He told me in the dream he was holding one of those super long packs of felt pens you see as a kid. You have a pretty long pack, but sometimes you see one that is longer than you can imagine a kid being able to carry. That is what he dreamed, but with these in!
Some of you will see right away the joy involved. If you don't know what these are, I will try to translate:
- copic markers = pens of joy
- come in sketch and classic, but I like the brush tip in the sketch (it also has a chisel shaped)
- they are refillable and you can replace the nibs too, so they are pens for life
- they have such a wide range of colours, including subtly different shades, super pale ones and 30+greys
- they cover really well, without those stripes and streaks of childhood markers
- they blend into each other smoothly
- they can look like watercolour, or smooth flat colour
- they are used by professional designers and artists
- and put it this way, until now, I've had 12 or 14, which I bought in two and threes and one time maybe four or five in a pack at Artfest, so this is absolutely incomprehensible.
I am blown away! I love the faith in me that this shows and I am a little overwhelmed. I have a grave responsibility to play hard with these!